Google say’s that their plan is to provide a link to every bit of information on every subject possible. Curbed LA (find it at http://curbed.com) is working hard to provide some of the most interesting content for Los Angeles and the iconic properties, buildings, and star power that underline this wonderland.
Check out some of their latest stories:
- The Quest to Save LA’s Century-Old Batchelder Tile Masterpiece
- The Creation of LA’s ‘Most Recognizable and Beloved’ Building
- An Illustrated History of Los Angeles’s Romance With Castles
- The Story of the Abandoned Ranch Where the Manson Family Launched Helter Skelter
- What Really Happened at Rustic Canyon’s Rumored Nazi Ranch?
- Inside the Underground World of LA’s Home Recording Studios
- Looking Back at Richard Neutra’s First U.S. Commission
- How a Visionary Scoundrel Created Woodland Hills in the 1920s
- How America’s First Megachurch Changed LA’s Echo Park
- The Rise and Fall of a Torrance Utopia
- How One Quirky Museum Preserves LA’s Victorian Homes
A recent favorite of mine told the history of a mansion that stands very lonely in Baldwin Hills with a beautiful view of oil wells all around. Who knew?!
Of course, no website dealing with LA property would be complete without frequent stories on what is being offered for sale and for how much. Curbed LA doesn’t disappoint. They are constantly finding treasures and oddities that will delight your sense of the essential uniqueness of this part of the planet.
If you find your perfect home in Los Angeles and you are looking for a mortgage to finance your purchase, call Bill Rayman at (424) 354-5325